Once again I have returned from one of my globetrotting escapades. After a few days to decompress, I will be able to get back into the workshop. Work on the rocket motor will resume, as will regular postings to let you know what is going on.
Whilst I was away, I did some work on the design of the convergence and nozzle. The plan is to get it fabricated this time home. I will post the design equations for it in due course. I have also been thinking about an idea for a banjo type fitting that will be based on commonly available hardware. At the moment the design of the motor includes various BSP to Swagelok fittings. These are quite expensive, so if I could devise a means of replacing them it would be a definite plus.
Time permitting, you should also start to see a few postings regarding injection. I think this is the holy grail; whenever I find a new site devoted to rocket engine construction, my first thought is to find out what their injector is like. So in the next few weeks you'll be able to read about the design, evolution and testing of mine. An evolution that is still ongoing, I hasten to add.
Plenty there to keep me busy and to hopefully be of interest to the likeminded. Thank you for following and keep watching this space. I will endeavour to use the one between my ears.