Thursday 24 September 2015

Cut Along...

The manufacture of the tube cutting jig, whilst progressing, is starting to grow arms and legs. I am eager to get on with the tube fabrication trials, and so I have decided to purchase a cutting jig for my angle grinder.

I had a comment on my last post from David, who suggested obtaining a small chop saw. Well David, you won, sort of. The Einhell jig I have ordered makes a standard 115mm angle grinder into a chop saw.

Here is a picture of the item in question:-



The idea is to bolt this unit to the bench and then cut the tube against a stop to give repeatable lengths.

Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow, so I will let you all know how I get on.

2 comments:

  1. How are you getting on with the thing? I'm just so excited to see something interesting. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Oscar's previous page - http://essaykings.me/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi- I'm going back through your blog's history. I recently acquired a lathe and have aspirations to build a rocket myself. Your efforts are very encouraging!

    -Jim from California

    ReplyDelete